Sunburn DIY Relief

Leave a Comment

I think this time of year is when I forget that sunscreen is a thing and I should probably use it. And this happened to me on Memorial Day. As you can see from the picture below, I kind of sort of fried. Being a Pinterest addict I had remembered seeing something about being able to use tea to sooth sun burns, so I thought I would give it a try and report back how well it worked!

I used 5 bags of Earl Grey tea, and let them steep on the stove for about 4 minutes and then removed the pot from the heat. I then let the pot cool for a little bit and took the tea bags out, setting them in a separate bowl. Next, I poured the tea into a separate bowl to allow the tea to cool to room temperature, and I also added the tea bags back into the bowl. Once the tea is fully cooled, soak a towel into your bowl and then lay the towel onto the affected area for a minimum of 30 minutes.

As you can see, the results are not the best. Remember though, this is all through personal experience, so it could help you! I will say that I had immediate relief from the burning/itchy feeling of the burn and have not had that sensation since doing this!

What are your favorite DIY's for the summer? Let me know in the comments below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment